Hip Roof With a Scalloped Roof (or Bermuda Roof) Design
- Location: Big Coppit Key, Florida
- Size: 2,500 sq. ft.
- Description: For a truly resilient and sustainable home, the owners chose to build the roof with Insul-Deck. The hip roof was first built and poured with a rough finish, then a few days later a stucco step finish was added by using 2x4s to strike off the stucco, which produces the sloped steps.
Resilient Beach Home that Survived Hurricane Sandy
- Location: North Indian Beach, Delaware
- Size: 7,100 sq. ft.
- Developers: Turnstone Builders
- Description: The Dewey Beach area is prone to winds in the range of 75-100 mph, hurricanes, and flooding. This can be disastrous for many traditionally built homes. To protect this custom home from the ravages of coastal living, Turnstone Builders turned to a concrete rooftop deck using INSUL-DECK. The roof is not only super strong, it also provides expansive views of the ocean.
Safe Waterfront Home in Hurricane Prone Area
- Location: Lighthouse Point, Florida
- Size: 6,000 Sq. Ft.
- Description: With an Insul-Deck roof, this custom, waterfront home is much safer in the hurricane prone region of Boca Raton, Florida. It features multiple roof-lines with varied pitch ratios, and 16′ high ceilings on portions of the 2nd level.
Green Roofs over Luxury Lofts
- Location: Orange, New Jersey
- Size: 2,400 Sq. Ft. of Green Roofs
- Owner/Developer: Northern Hills Redevelopment
- Description: This sustainable project has been recognized as the technology of the future. The ability to provide additional green space on top of new buildings is an amazing benefit in communities that have little green space available to their residents. Some call green roofs “one of the greatest real-estate opportunities”.